Friday, November 14, 2008

Boycott!

Bad business award of the week goes to Consumer Liquors on Plainfield Road. Last weekend I placed an order for a 1/2 barrel of Michelob Golden Light. 'No problem' I was told. 'Sure Friday pick-up is fine'. Cut to this a.m. when my dad was nice enough to go pick it up and was told 'we weren't able to get that in stock. Sorry. Nothing we can do about it'.
Despite the fact that I called almost a week in advance and despite the fact that on Tuesday night I personally went in there and checked on everything they didn't even bother to call us. When I called the manager after my dad got home, he was completely rude, uncaring and unhelpful. He told me it was my fault I didn't leave a number (even though my dad has been getting his kegs there for 20+ years and they most certainly have our number on file and didn't bother to ask for it when I called). I asked him if personal visits don't count as a time to notify a costumer that they aren't going to fill your order and he responded that this wasn't his problem.
After a phone call to the owner of all the Consumer Liquors, we are getting cases of Mich. Golden to replace the keg that they screwed up. So that means no keg for Beer Olympics. Don't blame me, it's that asshole on Plainfield rd.
The funniest thing is that this morning as I was frantically calling every liquor store in the area looking for a keg, they all immediately told me that it was impossible to get this type of keg, their distributors don't even carry it. Even the other Consumer Liquors knew this fact without even having to check. So not only is the Consumer's on Plainfield run by a HUGE jerk, he's also an idiot that doesn't know how to do his job.

*my mom apparently thought that I wasn't being effective and that if the manager spoke with an 'adult' (her word, not mine) he would be more helpful. She came off the phone literally upset after talking with him and was stupefied by his idea of how to run a business.

**if anyone knows this man, tell him that I think he is a big looser and needs a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment